The Minneapolis Movie Bears' 4th annual Oscar party is at the Chatterbox Pub in St. Paul on February 24, 2013. You can find the list of nominated movies Here
We'll start the night with our regular Oscar trivia contest featuring at least 40 new questions, many of them based on this year's movies.
We'll also distribute official Oscar ballots and everyone can vote on which movies they think will win each of the major categories. The top three ballots with the most correct choices will win some fun movie prizes. We've heard a rumor that last year's winner will be back this year to try to repeat her victory.
You should arrive and start filling out your Oscar ballots around 5:00 pm. You must have your completed ballot turned in by 6:00 pm CST when the broadcast begins.
If your business has a donation that we can use in the silent auction also contact Rick.
Keep in mind, we are in the early stages for donations. Last year we had many, many give-a-ways along with a great silent auction. Proceeds going to the 2013 MN AIDS Walk.
Here is a list of the prizes and giveaways so far:
1) Android Tablet with Keyboard in a leatherette case.
2) Ipod Nano - with leather case and earbuds
3) Altec Lansing Iphone speaker dock/charger
4) Several books from the Minnesota Historical Society
5) old original drawings of Joe Hoover's political cartoons
6) 2 AMC movie passes - $20 value
7) 2 ICON movie passes - $18 value
8) Gift certificates to the Chatterbox Pub
9) $15 gift card to Ring Mountain Creamery in Eagan
10) 2 $25.00 gift certificates for the Saloon
1) 1 Fur Flee VI pass (valued at $80) donated from NC Bears
2) 1 Fur Flee VI pass (valued at $80) donated from NC Bears
3) Wine Basket (valued at $45) donated from Eric and Rick
4) A pair of tickets to the Broadway show, Rock of Ages at the Orpheum Theater Sunday, May 19th, 2013 (valued at $126.50) donated from the Movie Bears.
5) A 90 minute deep tissue massage from Larry Skene (Valued at $90)
Keep an eye out. There will be more added to the list as we get closer to Oscar Night.
Check out some of the photo's from last year: